Love sharks? Scared of sharks? Or do you just want to know more about them? The PADI AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty course teaches the value of sharks to marine ecosystems and economies. You'll learn more about the causes of declining shark populations and the actions you can take to become a knowledgeable and passionate shark defender. By being informed, you can dispel misconceptions and act to protect sharks. Sharks need you!
If you're a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the AWARE Shark Conservation Diver Specialty course.
The PADI AWARE – Shark Conservation
Sharks are an essential part of a healthy ocean. This course explores why they are vulnerable, the importance of a healthy shark population, managing threats and how to take action to protect them.
Tuition is $179 and includes:
- Knowledge Review with your Instructor
- Dive Charter on the Hyde (2 dives)
- PADI Certification Processing Fee
- Issuing your Deep Diver Certification Card
- Lots of Fun
What is not included:
- Scuba Gear Rentals or Tanks
What You Will Learn:
- The conservation status of sharks, why they are unique and vulnerable, and the importance of healthy shark populations.
- How to manage threats to sharks, recognize the value of sharks and remove barriers to conservation.
- Actions you can take to protect sharks and how joining a global movement of divers can help to protect sharks.
Phone: (919) 341-2787