Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I Need My Own Mask/Fins/Snorkel Set ?
Every Student needs their own Personal Gear (Mask, Fins, and Snorkel). This gear MUST be best-fit foryou. We do sell this equipment, provide you a customized fitting, and offer special pricing to our students. Click Here For More Information
2. Do I need to know how to swim?
Yes you need to know how to swim.
You will be required to pass a swimming test. The requirements are:
- Complete a 200 yard continuous surface swim or a 300 yard swim with mask, fins and snorkel.
- 10-minute swim/float without using any swim aids.
If you are concerned about passing the swimming test, please practice or take swimming lessons before you sign up for Scuba Lessons.
3. Are There Age Restrictions For Holiday Scuba Camp Classes?
For the Holiday Scuba Camp participants MUST BE at least 14 years old by the first day of scuba camp.
We offer a special Scuba Lessons class the week between Christmas and New Years.
This program is designed for College Students home for the Holidays, High School Students, or Families looking for a fun experience over the Holiday Break.
- Students must be at least 14 years old, and complete a PADI Medical Release to participate.
Complete PADI Medical Release.
Participants who select yes for any medical questions must have a Physicians Release.
Click Here For Example of Medical Release.
We will email you the electronic waiver to complete.
On Line Academics:
You will learn about Scuba Equipment, Underwater Environments, and the Science behind scuba diving while completing the academic part of your Scuba Lessons in the comfort of your home or anywhere you have access to the internet.
Gear Familiarization Classroom Session - This is where you become familiar and fitted with the Scuba Equipment you will be trained to use. You will learn how to assemble and disassemble all the scuba gear you will use. Tuesday December 26th 2:00 pm- 4:00 pm
Confined Water/Pool Dives:
This is where you learn how to dive. During the confined water sessions you will learn how to use Scuba Equipment and perform the various underwater Scuba skills. Wednesday & Thursday December 27th & 28th 8:45 am - 12:30
Open Water Checkout Dives -
There are four required check out dives conducted over two days. During check out dives you will use the scuba skills you learned in the pool in an open water environment. You have 3 checkout dive options to choose from:
Option 1: Friday & Saturday December 29th & 30th 9:00 pm - 3:00 pm at Fantasy Lake Scuba Park
Option 2: Complete Checkout Dives on our January 20th - 22nd Florida Springs Trip: Click Here For Details
Option 3: : A Referral to any PADI Dive Shop so you can complete your checkout dives on vacation. Please note that the Dive Shop you are going to will have an additional fee for checkout dives
Tuition is $525 and includes :
- PADI eLearning academics/knowledge development sessions
- Scuba Gear Familiarization Class.
- 2 Confined Water/Pool Training Sessions.
- Open water check out dives (the final step to earning the Open Water scuba certification).
- Use of All SCUBA equipment for your Open Water course.
- Certification processing including your Open Water eCertification Card.
- NC Sales Tax
- Student discounts on purchase of mask, fins, snorkel, and boots.
- Lots of fun and a chance to meet new friends and fellow divers.
Phone: (919) 341-2787