This fundamental course prepares you to provide proper care for life-threatening illnesses or injuries until professional emergency medical care is available. The life-support skills taught in this course include one-person CPR, use of automatic external defibrillators, bleeding management, assisting a choking victim and responding to a person in shock. The first aid skills taught include conducting secondary assessments, splinting and responding to medical emergencies.
This course meets the CPR and first aid training requirements for the PADI Rescue Diver Course and all work related requirements
This course is also approved by the U.S. Coast Guard as meeting the CPR and first aid requirements for captain and mate licenses.
This course uses an eLearning knowledge development program to be completed prior to the start of the classroom session. Please register online so we can send you the login information so that you may do the eLearning before the class start date.
What You Will Learn:
You will learn how to perform CPR, use an automated external defibrillator (AED) and become familiar with the signs and symptoms associated with heart attacks and respiratory arrest. Managing shock and controlling external bleeding are other skills covered that can help save lives.
You will learn about:
- Primary & Secondary Assessments
- Signs & symptoms of common medical emergencies
- Stroke Assessment
- You will develop the following skills:
- Initial and secondary assessments
- Recovery position technique
- CPR techniques
- Automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Obstructed airway management
- Control of external bleeding
- Bandaging, wound management and splinting
- Shock management
Tuition is $149 and includes:
- DAN eLearning Academics that you complete before practical training
- BLS: CPR, AED, FBAO Student Kit
- Emergency First Aid and CPR Practical Training with your Instructor
- Issuing of your EFR & CPR Certification card
Divers Alert Network Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aid (BLS)
You can also call us at (919) 341-2787 to enroll
Phone: (919) 341-2787