The Wreck Diver Specialty Certification provides one of the 5 specialties you need to achieve the coveted
Master Diver Rating.
- Part I: PADI eLearning Academics
- Part II:
* Four Wreck Diver training dives with your Instructor
* Knowledge Review with your Instructor
* PADI Certification Processing Fee
* Issuing your PADI Wreck Certification Card
You will receive your PADI Wreck elearning academics within 24 hours of purchase.
You can also enroll in Wreck Diver class by calling us at (919) 341-2787
The Carolina Coast is one of the premier Ship Wreck diving location. We are known as the GRAVE YARD OF THE ATLANTIÇ. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, potentially unlocking a mystery or spying something others have missed. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course will allow you to master the dive skills needed to safely dive the wide variety of ShipWrecks we dive.
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. Your training starts by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks. During four dives you’ll learn:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
PADI Wreck Diver Certification require 4 dives. These dives can be completed on two of our Carolina Coast Dive Charters.
For Wreck Diver we recommend the Charleston Tug, Hyde, BP25 or any dive charter less than 100 feet deep. These charters provide the environments you need to practice and master all of your Wreck Diver skills. They are also shallow enough (less than 100 Feet) so you get plenty of bottom time to practice your Wreck Skills. From May through November we dive these wrecks at least once per month, so you have plenty of choices to pick from.
Pick Two Dive Charters
If you're at least 15 years old and have earned a PADI Advanced Open Water certification or higher, you can enroll in the Wreck Diver Specialty course.
Phone: (919) 341-2787