The Deep Diver Specialty Certification provides one of the 5 specialties you need to achieve the coveted
Master Diver Rating.
The Carolina Coast is one of the premier Ship Wreck diving location. We are known as the GRAVE YARD OF THE ATLANTIÇ. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
What You Will Learn
Our training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
Here is how it works:
PART 1: REGISTER FOR YOUR PADI DEEP ELEARNING CLASS - $99*
Complete the comprehensive elearning course at your own pace - online or offline.
Time commitment: 4-6 hours
*If you purchased your eLearning directly from PADI you only need to purchase PART II - PADI Deep Practical Training. eLearning purchased directly from PADI may be more expensive.
PART II: PADI DEEP PRACTICAL TRAINING - $199
- Knowledge Review with your Instructor
- Four Deep Training Dives with one of our Instructors (Charter cost not included.)
- PADI Certification Processing Fee
- Issuing your Deep Diver Certification eCard
- Lots of Fun
Use the drop down to select one, two, or all three components and get started today.
PADI Deep Diver Certification require 4 dives. These dives can be completed on two of our Carolina Coast Dive Charters. For Deep Diver we recommend the, Hyde, Markum, JD Gill, Hebe, Normania, BP25 or any dive charter > than 80 feet deep. From May through November we dive these wrecks at least once per month, so you have plenty of choices to pick from.
Pick Two Dive Charters
Prequisites & Requirements
- 15 years or older
- PADI Advanced Open Water (or qualifying certification)
Phone: (919) 341-2787