Learning how to compensate for situations you would normally handle with a buddy is the focus of the Self-Reliant Diver course. This includes proper dive planning using air consumption rate calculations, life support system redundancy, and independent management of dive emergencies.
During three self-reliant training dives, you’ll practice:
- Performing an air consumption rate swim to gather information for later calculation.
- Switching to a redundant air supply system during simulated emergency situations.
- Swimming without a mask.
- Navigating to various points, including your exit.
- Using a DSMB.
What is included:
- Three Training Dives
- Certification Processing Fee
- Your Certification Card
- Lots of Fun
This course is open to divers who are:
At least 18 years old.
- Certified as PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives
- Highly recommended certified as PADI Rescue Diver or equivalent.
Cost of Specialty Certification :
Call us at (919) 341-2787 to Sign Up
Call us at (919) 341-2787 to sign up
Although diving with a buddy is the norm, there are reasons for an experienced diver to develop self-reliance and independence while diving. Learning to carry out dives without a partner can make you a stronger diver in most dive situations.
Phone: (919) 341-2787