FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Do I Need My Own Mask/Fins/Snorkel Set ?
Every Student needs their own Personal Gear (Mask, Fins, and Snorkel). This gear MUST be best-fit for you.
Please Click Here For More Information.
2. Do I need to know how to swim?
Yes you need to know how to swim.
You will be required to pass a swimming test. The requirements are:
- Complete a 200 yard continuous surface swim or a 300 yard swim with mask, fins and snorkel.
- 10-minute swim/float without using any swim aids.
If you are concerned about passing the swimming test, please practice or take swimming lessons before you sign up for Scuba Lessons.
3. Are There Age Restrictions For Classes?
For our Scuba Camp the minimum age is 14 years old.
4. Are There Restrictions For Medical Conditions?
All students must complete a Medical Waiver before they can begin your Scuba Lessons.
There are certain Medical conditions that require a physician to confirm you can participate in scuba lessons.
In the rare case you cannot pass the Medical Waiver we will promptly refund your tuition.
5. For an example of the Medical Waiver you will need to complete. Click Here
6. Why PADI Scuba Lessons? Click Here
- Students must be at least 14 years old, and complete a PADI Medical Release to participate.
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS.
- Students Complete PADI Medical Release.
Participants who select yes for any medical questions must have a Physicians Release.
We will email you the electronic waiver to complete.
- Students Complete PADI On Line Academics:
You will learn about Scuba Equipment, Underwater Environments, and the Science behind scuba diving while completing the academic part of your Scuba Lessons in the comfort of your home or anywhere you have access to the internet.
- Scuba Orientation Webinar: Tuesday March 19th 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
At your Scuba Orientation we review all the Practical Training logistics and answer any questions you may have.
- Gear Familiarization Classroom Session - This is where you become familiar and fitted with the Scuba Equipment you will be trained to use. You will learn how to assemble and disassemble all the scuba gear you will use. Monday 25th 12 noon - 2 pm
- Confined Water/Pool Dives:
This is where you learn how to dive. During the confined water sessions you will learn how to use Scuba Equipment and perform the various underwater Scuba skills. Tuesday and Wednesday March 26th & 27th 8:45 am - 1:00 PM
- Open Water Checkout Dives:
There are four required check out dives conducted over two days. During check out dives you will use the scuba skills you learned in the pool in an open water environment. We will schedule your checkout dives during your scuba lessons. Thursday & Friday March 28th and 29th 9:00 am - 3:00 pm at Fantasy Lake Scuba Park,
Tuition is $550 and includes just about everything :
- On Line Academics
- Orientation Webinar
- Classroom Training Session
- Knowledge Review with your Instructor
- 2 Pool Sessions
- 2 Days of Checkout Dives
- Use of all Scuba Equipment (BCD, Regulator, Dive Computer, Wetsuit, Tanks, and Weights)
- Issuing of Certification eCard.
Students Must Have Their Own Personal Gear (Mask/Fins/Snorkel Set),
We offer you a student discount on these items.
Space is limited and will fill up fast.
You can also sign up by calling us at (919) 341-2787
Phone: (919) 341-2787